Friday, July 27, 2007

Showtime

Ahh...summer in Brooklyn. The humidity. The roofs that I can't climb up to. The throngs of scabbed and pasty white legs fitted with dirty white slip-on shoes. The waddling down Bedford. The shows!

This has been the summer I've looked forward to more than any other. This summer, I have weekends off! Hooray for no more working in retail! Croquet, fairs, shows, picnics....I can do it all! I get to sit and watch people sip mimosas and sangria and not touch any of it. Oh joy of joys.

Although summer is almost half way done, and fall is just around the corner, I decided to document the shows that I've seen so far. Since this is a preggo blog though, I'm gonna take it all the way back to conception...to frigid January. After I pop, I'll have the full show listing so that when Li'l Hazard is all grown up, he can be stoked at having been to so many amazing performances.

Li'l Hazard's first show? Peter, Bjorn and John's secret show (and first show ever in the US!) at Union Hall playing as "At the Seaside!"--Amazing show.

-El Perro del Mar - I've played with dust that was more fun than this show.

-Blonde Redhead w/Fields - Fields, eh. BR? Fabulous.

-Jesus and Mary Chain (missed opening band since Hubby & pal were doing shots)

-Hungry Marching Band @ Don't Demo the Domino - Does that count? It was fun, tho!

-A Sunny Day in Glasgow - The show where Li'l Haz started kicking!

-Panda Bear - Made me really miss smoking pot. Brilliant.

-Television w/Dragons of Zynth & Apples in Stereo - DoZ are awful. Living Color and Fishbone are so much better. Missed Television & AiS because of impending thunderstorm.

-Superchunk w/others - First McCarren show. Marty Markowitz sighting! Annoying people! Surprisingly clean port-o-potties! Good hot dogs, thanks Sparky's!

-Bat for Lashes - see below.

We almost saw Happy Mondays but that show got canceled due to visa problems.

What's next for Li'l Haz? This weekend is TV on the Radio w/Celebration at McCarren. Stereo Total next month, perhaps? Who knows!?

What was your first show as a tyke? Mine? George Michael and The Bangles, Faith Tour 1988, Orange Bowl - Miami. Holla! It was my 11th birthday present. I still have the t-shirt!

No comments: