Monday, August 6, 2007

Mrs. Meyers and Me.

So my summer vacation is officially over. Wah. Didn't do so much on the fun tip, save for a trip to Coney Island and some uncomfortable shows. DID do a lot on the organizational and cleaning tip, however, getting ready for baby. I now can dedicate myself to blogging consistently again.

Something that I've noticed over the months is that I've acquired a lot of bizarre habits/cravings since pregnancy, and none of them are food related.

1. An overwhelming desire to surf and obsession with surf culture. It started by revisiting old faves like Endless Summer and watching an IFC Iconoclast episode with Laird Hamilton and Eddie Vedder, and has now progressed to me reading surfing blogs and constantly researching vacations to places that I won't be able to go to anytime soon due to the huge belly. (God bless John from Cincinnati for showing up at the right time.)

2. A desire to be physically active and do...sports, and I don't mean going to the gym, I mean sports. If you know me at all, just the fact I'm saying the word is really, really out of control.

3. Cleaning. Now, I'm still not a fan of picking things up, and have always kinda had a thing for bathroom cleaning...but it's gotten bad. Last week I got so excited at my new matching mop/broom/bucket purchase, that I had to mop and broom again, even though I had just done that 3 days prior. I also had to stop myself from cleaning the bathroom again (which was still spotless from the previous cleaning).

I blame this partially on Mrs. Meyers. If there was ever something that could get you excited about cleaning, it's these products. I love the smell so much that I can't stop using them. Also, I don't feel afraid of any fumes or anything since it's all organic and biodegradable. And lo, they are coming out with a baby line right on time for the birth of Li'l Haz. It's like she knew I needed it. Thanks Mrs. Meyers, you're a pal. I should probably seriously consider working for the company since I've turned many of my friends into converts. All hail the lemon verbena!

It's Monday. Monday is cleaning day. Time to go clean the bathroom! Hurray!

(Help me, please, I have problems.)

No comments: