Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hazard as a Chef

Tonight, my dearest Kalena came over. Oh, how I missed her. She brought some wine. I gushed about Auden. She fell in love with him. How could she not?

Seeing as Ms. Thang is a professional nanny to the stars (no really, an Oscar winner even), I put her to work holding on to the midget as I made us dinner. Hubby was fixing rekkids to play out tonight for the young ones.

The menu:

Pan roasted potatoes with fresh horseradish (grated using my fab microplane)
Tri color grilled peppers with roasted head of garlic
Simple fennel salad with oil and vinegar.

In exciting news, I got to use my new pink peppercorns! Ordinarily, I cringe at pink, but I can get over it when it comes to food. Plus, these peppercorns tasted a lot less harsh than the ones I was using before. BLECH!

Regardless, dinner was great, and we ate it all. Especially the fennel salad. Next time, I'm going to get some moltalban cheese and throw in a few big scrapes. Yes, I'm copying the fennel salad from Moto, but not exactly because they use parmesan, and I think my selection would taste superior. Hmpf.

Upcoming joyous food events:
Brunch with the Muffinberrys!
Spontaneous Brooklyn Tapas Party tomorrow!
Finally joining the Williamsburg CSA!
Ted and Amy Supper Club!

Hooray for food :D


No comments: