Friday, May 16, 2008

What's yr glitch?

I've been reading all these blogs that have a purpose. Some sort of angle. Food blogs tend to have the best angles. Like Gourmet Project: some guy decided to cook every single recipe in the Gourmet cookbook (and he discovered other ppl doing the same). Or, Not Eating Out in New York: a fellow Brooklynite who now refuses to eat in restaurants in NYC. The Greenmarket Report is great (I got 3 bunches of ramps today! And focaccia from Bread Alone. MMMMM). Last Night's Dinner is an inspiration.

I, however, am sans angle.

I talk about food, and wine, and Auden, and music (did I mention we have My Bloody Valentine tix?? :D :D) and Brooklyn, and sometimes I pontificate on the meaning of life. But, I lack focus. I lack a solid direction. Do I need one? Can I skimp by as just some random chick who talks about random crap? No one necessarily reads this, and in a way, I'm just taking up space in the interwebbed world. Maybe the focus needs to begin within, and then it will filter down to ze blog. Ooo. Deep.

3 comments:

Allyson Carroll said...

creativity is random. Magic is too.

Anonymous said...

Hey - thanks for the link and the shoutout :) As for "having a point", I have another blog on LJ where I just ramble.

Not every blog has to have a point :) It should be whatever you want it to be - for what you NEED it to be. As for GreenMarketReport - we started it because we're there every day and I kept getting emails from my friends asking me what was new or if the Ronnybrook guys had arrived yet, or what! It just seemed easier to post it! :)

Anonymous said...

Focus? What's that?! Don't ask me, I only have 2 blogs plus an Etsy site, plus a facebook page, 9 million projects, etc. etc. etc.