Monday, July 7, 2008

How did that happen?

Went to the gym today for he first time since mid May. I know, I'm horrible, but at least I went. I was really super traumatized cos I could swear I've gained like ten lbs in the past month. I stepped on the scale. I gave myself a certain number that I would be okay with and not freak out. Meanwhile, the scale went the other way. As in, I lost weight. As in, I hit my 5 below original goal weight. How the hell did that happen considering I eat two fucking Cucina & Co chocolate chip cookies EVERY DAY? I haven't mentioned that I do that lately, huh? Alright, full confession: sometimes I get the giant one. It has two kinds of chocolate chunks. And at 4 pm, they're half off. I cannot be denied.

However, since I ate super good today, and had no Cucina cookies, and I went to the gym, and I miraculously lost weight (which I'm still baffled by), I'm totally going to be on good behavior again. And there's a new weight goal. Another 10 lbs. If I make it, I'll be 20 lbs below pre-baby weight. If yr a girl, you know that's massive. But I can do it.

Oh, and I finished Julie and Julia today. So super cute. I'm bummed that it's done. However, I read Julie's blog and apparently she's coming out with a new book early next year. Hooray! Either tomorrow or Wednesday, I'm going to hit up Word and get a new book. If I can keep up this pace I can read a whole buncha buncha goodness by the end of the year. I won't set a goal for this one, cos I'll just straight up fail.

Okay, I need a snackie. I made amazing roasted fennel and some qunioa and beans after the gym, but I'm still hungry and it's the season premiere of No Reservations! Hooray for Tony!

xoxo

1 comment:

Allyson Carroll said...

not fair. Though I have noticed that I can gain and lose 5 pounds in a single day. it can be shocking. on. off. on. off. you are still my inspiration even with the secret cookies.